Dubai: Real estate sales reach all-time high since 13 years

Off-plan sales transactions increased by 44%, with 73.68% value increase
Dubai: Real estate sales reach all-time high since 13 years

A new report commissioned by real estate services firm Property Finder reveals that 6,983 real estate sales transactions worth 18.2 billion dirhams were recorded in April, the highest ever for the month since 2009.

According to the report, the results were driven by the positive impact resulting from Expo 2020.

The study shows that secondary market sales transactions, comprising 60 percent of the total, constituted 4,212 transactions worth 12.86 billion dirhams, while off-plan properties, comprising the remaining 40 percent, constituted 2,771 properties worth a total of 5.33 billion dirhams. 

The analysis suggests that compared to April 2021, April 2022 witnessed 45.48 percent more transactions, resulting in a 66.62 percent spike in value. 

According to data, secondary market volume witnessed an increase of 46.2 percent, with a 63.86 percent increase in value, as well as a 44 percent increase in off-plan sales transactions and a 73.68 percent increase in value.

Moreover, according to Property Finder’s proprietary demand data, the top areas of interest in terms of transactions for villas/townhouses in April 2022 were Dubai Hills Estate, Palm Jumeirah, Arabian Ranches, and Damac Hills (Akoya by DAMAC), and The Springs. As for apartments for the same period, the top areas of interest were Dubai Marina, Downtown Dubai, Palm Jumeirah, Business Bay, and Jumeirah Village Circle. 

The stories on our website are intended for informational purposes only. Those with finance, investment, tax or legal content are not to be taken as financial advice or recommendation. Refer to our full disclaimer policy here.