UAE’s 5-year multiple-entry tourist visas: All you need to know
All nationalities are now eligible for a five-year, multiple-entry tourist visa to the UAE. Tourists can enter the UAE multiple times on self-sponsorship and stay for 90 days on each visit with the visa.
Holders of the visas can extend them for another 90 days without leaving the country. The visa enables families living outside of the UAE to spend more time with their loved ones in the UAE.
According to immigration experts, the visa program is also important for businesses that want to bring employees in and out of the country for meetings, conferences, and other events.
The application process for the five-year tourist visa is fairly simple. Online applications are accepted through the Federal Authorities for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) website or the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) portal.
Applicants seeking a visa from within the country can visit accredited typing centers such as Amer247 Immigration Services.
- Bank statement for the previous six months demonstrating a balance of $ 4,000 or its equivalent in foreign currencies
- Proof of UAE health insurance
- Photocopies of the front and last page of your passport
- Recent colored passport-sized photographs which you must take against a white background
Visitors may also be required to provide additional documents when applying for a UAE five-year multiple entry visa, such as:
- A copy of the flight ticket
- Proof of residence, like an invitation letter from friends and family in the UAE
- Hotel bookings or lease agreement
Those seeking a five-year tourist visa from Dubai must apply through the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA) website and mobile app.