Looking for jobs in Saudi Arabia? Its steadily growing economy is boosting the labor market, offering plenty of job opportunities for both locals and expats.
Vision 2030 has been the driving force behind this growth. It has paved the way for businesses to expand in industries like healthcare, IT, engineering, education, and tourism, among others. Consequently, there has been an increase in demand for skilled and non-skilled workers as well as specialists and professionals.
Here are some of the most in-demand jobs in Saudi Arabia.
Information technology specialists
Saudi Arabia’s digital transformation is increasing the demand for IT specialists. With a value of over $32.1 billion, the country’s ICT market is the largest in the MENA region.
It is predicted to grow at a 7.7% compounded annual growth rate, reaching $49.26 billion by 2026, offering more opportunities for IT specialists across sectors.
Engineers and skilled workers
Infrastructure development and maintenance are some sectors creating high demand for civil, mechanical and electrical engineers in Saudi.
Real estate and construction growth has also led to opportunities for professionals and workers in this field. NEOM and other giga construction projects offer many opportunities for engineers and skilled workers.
A growing emphasis on education and lifelong learning in Saudi Arabia is leading to a great demand for teachers and other education experts.
Moreover, the country is aiming to increase the quality of education, targeting a top 200 ranking for at least five Saudi universities by 2030.
In addition, new schools are being built, to accommodate an expanding education system and a growing student population.
As a result of all these developments, education will create more opportunities for professionals in this field.
In Saudi Arabia, the growing demand for doctors, nurses, and allied health professionals is driven by an aging population and medical advancements.
Experts estimate Saudi’s older adult population will reach 9.5% by 2035. Because of this development, there is a great need for healthcare professionals to look after an aging population.
As Saudi diversifies its economy, the demand for skilled financial analysts, marketing specialists, and human resources professionals is likewise growing.
These business professionals will play a crucial role in supporting the country’s economic transformation goals, leading to more opportunities in these fields.
Hospitality and tourism professionals
Saudi Arabia is one of the fastest-growing tourism destinations in the world, according to the UN World Trade Organization (UNWTO). This has led to high demand for skilled workers in hotels, restaurants, and tourism services.
As the tourism industry continues to grow, it is essential to meet these demands to ensure Saudi remains a popular travel destination.
Working in Saudi Arabia
Saudi is among the top places for expats to get started. It placed seventh overall in a recent InterNations survey of close to 12,000 respondents in 181 countries. Some of the reasons why Saudi has been attracting expatriate workers include:
- Competitive salaries: Saudi offers attractive salary packages, making it a desirable destination for job seekers looking to maximize their earnings.
- Tax-free income: One of the key benefits of working in Saudi is the tax-free income, which allows expats to save a significant portion of their earnings.
- Expat packages: Many companies provide expat packages that include housing, transportation, and education allowances. As a result, getting started in Saudi is easy and comfortable.
- Cultural experiences: Working in Saudi offers unique cultural experiences, allowing expats to explore and appreciate the rich history and traditions of the region.
- Networking opportunities: Saudi also presents numerous networking opportunities for professionals to expand their connections and advance their careers.
Tips for job seekers
If your experience and skills match any of the professions mentioned above, then your next step is to do a job search. Read the following tips to help you get started:
- Researching the job market: Investigate the job market thoroughly to identify opportunities that match your skills and interests. Stay updated on industry trends and target companies to enhance your job search.
- Networking: For those already in Saudi, attend industry events or join online forums to explore leads. You can also use social media platforms to expand your network and discover job openings.
- Preparing your CV: Customize your CV to highlight relevant skills and experiences for each job application. Showcase your accomplishments and use concise language to make a strong impression on potential employers.
- Preparing for an interview: Practice common interview questions and be ready to discuss your experiences and qualifications. In addition, research the company and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the role to leave a positive impression.
Considering working in Saudi?
With a consistently growing economy, there are plenty of jobs in Saudi that could match your experience and skills. With thorough research, networking, and preparation, you can find a rewarding career in Saudi Arabia while experiencing rich and interesting culture.
For more stories on Saudi Arabia, click here.