Saudi Arabia ranked first among countries receiving Bahraini exports of national origin, importing products worth 87 million Bahraini dinars from Bahrain. The US came second with 74 million dinars and the UAE third with 53 million dinars, according to the latest data from the Information and eGovernment Authority (iGA).
The top 10 countries in terms of the value of exports of national origin purchased from Bahrain accounted for 79 percent of the total value, with the remaining countries accounting for 21 percent.
The value of Bahrain’s exports of national origin jumped 29 percent to 421 million dinars ($1.17 billion) in July 2022. It was 27 million dinars in the same month the previous year, the figures showed.
The report also included data on the balance of trade, imports, and re-exports.
Unwrought aluminum alloys emerged as the top product exported during July 2022 with 162 million dinars.
Agglomerated iron ores and concentrates were second with a value of 89 million dinars and aluminum wires (not alloyed) third with 18 million dinars.
The report found that the value of re-exports decreased by 18 percent to 49 million dinars last month compared with 60 million dinars in July 2021, with the top 10 trading partners accounting for 88 percent of the re-exported value.
Parts for aircraft engines emerged as the top product re-exported from Bahrain with a value of 15 million dinars, followed by other mountings fittings and the like for vehicles netting 3 million dinars and four-wheel drive cars in third place with 2 million dinars.
Furthermore, the report said the value of imports increased by 12 percent to 468 million dinars during July 2022 compared with 418 million dinars in the same month last year with the top 10 trading partners accounting for 68 percent of the import value.